is the most responsible
Neutering is usually a straightforward procedure, with your pet typically returning home to you on the same day as their surgery. Your pet will be minded as if they were our own – safe and comfortable while in our care. A full clinical examination and if necessary, preanaesthetic bloods are taken prior to your pet’s procedure. Rest assured we have invested in the best possible equipment and our facilities allow our vets and nurses to work to achieve the best results for your pet.
Kittens and Puppies are great fun, but they are hard work and can be quite expensive; so if you don’t plan to breed from your pet, neutering is the most responsible choice.
The benefits to having a female animal neutered are:
- Prevention of cancer of the uterus and ovaries
- Prevention of uterine infections (Pyometra) in older age
- Prevention of unwanted pregnancies
- No longer coming into season which prevents bleeding, unwanted attention and mating behaviour from males
- Prevention of some unwanted behaviours, false-pregnancies etc
The benefits to having a male animal neutered are:
- Prevention of testicular cancer
- Reduction of the incidence of prostatic diseases, including cancer
- Prevention or reduction in aggressive hormonal behaviour
- Prevention of unwanted behaviours like urine marking and roaming